A good motivational quote inspires positive life changes, so a good decluttering quote should inspire positive decluttering changes, right? I certainly think so! Here’s a collection of clutter quotes to inspire and motivate you through your decluttering process.
I love a good quote! It can totally set the tone for my entire day or help me adjust when I’m heading in the wrong direction. It’s crazy that a simple sentence or two can have that much impact, but it really does.
Now you think I’ve lost my mind and you’re doubting that a little sentence can make so much difference, right? I haven’t lost my mind, (not much of it anyway) but let me explain.
People say profound things all the time. If what they say (or write) doesn’t apply to the current season of your life, you’re likely to forget about it.
But what if it applies to exactly where you’re at in life at that precise moment?!
It’s like an AHA lightbulb flips on in your head. That simple phrase clears the fog and makes everything make sense.
Those few words can give you clarity or help you shift your entire mindset and outlook. They can impact all aspects of life, including decluttering.
Decluttering Quotes to Inspire and Motivate You
Whether you’re creating a simpler life, or just trying to reduce your material possessions, decluttering your home and life can be challenging.
These quotes are meant to inspire you to remove your excess stuff and make a dramatic change in your own life.
Love inspirational and motivational quotes as much as I do, follow my Facebook Page where I post new ones on a daily basis.
Clutter Is.. Quotes
The first step in decluttering is understanding what clutter is. This collection of quotes help define and describe what qualifies as clutter in its many forms.
1. “Clutter. Even the word feels heavy when you say it.” Kerri L. Richardson
2. “Your home is a living space, not a storage space.” Francine Jay
3. “Clutter is not just the stuff on your floor, it’s anything that stands between you and the life you want to be living.” Peter Walsh
4. “Clutter is the physical manifestation of fear that cripples your ability to grow.” H.G. Chissell
5. “Clutter is not just physical stuff. It’s old ideas, toxic relationships, and bad habits.” Eleanor Brown
6. “Clutter is often the result of so many good intentions.” Becky Rogers
7. “Clutter is the physical manifestation of unmade decisions fueled by procrastination.” Christina Scalise
8. “At its heart, clutter is a lack of peace.” Kathi Lipp
9. “Clutter is nothing more than postponed decisions.” Barbara Hemphill
Quotes About the Impacts of Clutter
Clutter has many consequences and can impact people in different ways.
This section of quotes touches on some of the physical and mental health impacts of having too much stuff.
10. “If someone doesn’t live with you, neither should their stuff.” Monika Kristofferson
11. “Clutter doesn’t just occupy the house in which you live, it occupies your mind.” Avina Celeste
12. “Clutter steals energy and joy.” Monika Kristofferson
13. “Don’t own so much clutter that you will be relieved to see your house catch fire.” Wendell Berry
14. “If a gift has come to you wrapped in obligations and tied tightly with a ribbon of guilt, then it’s not really a gift at all. It’s a manipulation.” Peter Walsh
100 GUILT-FREE ITEMS YOU CAN DECLUTTER TODAY!
Join thousands of VIPs for cleaning, decluttering, and organizing tips sent straight to your inbox. As a welcome gift, we’ll send you these FREE printable lists of Over 100 Easy Items You Can Declutter Today!
15. “Under the influence of clutter, we may underestimate how much time we’re giving to the less important stuff.” Zoe Kim
16. “Clutter may rob us of the life we imagined or prevent us from creating a new vision for our future.” Lisa J. Shultz
17. “When you live surrounded in clutter, it is impossible to have clarity about what you are doing in life.” Karen Kingston
18. “Our possessions are dictating our free time. Sundays used to be for relaxing and eating, and now they’re spent cleaning the garage.” Christin Frank
19. “Anything that you possess that does not add to your life or your happiness eventually becomes a burden.” John Robbins
20. “Some things cost way more when we keep them.” Neeraj Agnihotri
21. “You can’t reach for anything new if our hands are still full of yesterday’s junk.” Louise Smith
Benefits of Decluttering Quotes
Decluttering can bring about big, impactful changes in your life. Knowing the benefits can help you set decluttering goals for your entire house and life.
22. “Owning less is better than organizing more.” Joshua Becker
23. “Clearing out clutter – be it physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual – brings about ease and inspires a sense of peace, calm, and tranquility.” Laurie Buchanan
24. “Outer order contributes to inner calm.” Gretchen Rubin
25. “Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” Albert Einstein
26. “Get rid of clutter and you may just find it was blocking the door you’ve been looking for.” Katrina Mayer
27. “Clear clutter – make space for you.” Magdelena Vandenberg
28. “The best way to find out what we really need is to get rid of what we don’t.” Marie Kondo
29. “Live light. Offload internal and external baggage for peace within and peace without.” Laurie Buchanan
30. “When we throw out the physical clutter, we clear our minds. When we throw out the mental clutter, we clear our souls.” Gail Blanke
Decluttering Mindset Quotes
It often takes the smallest mindset shift to change your view of clutter and start letting it all go. Once you make the mindset shift, you can spend less time stressing and more time enjoying the important things in life.
31. “It’s easier to get rid of things when you’re giving them to someone who can use them, but don’t let this kind intention become a source of clutter itself.” Gretchen Rubin
32. “Learning to prioritize is the secret to annihilating clutter.” Geralin Thomas
33. “Edit your life frequently and ruthlessly. It’s your masterpiece after all.” Nathan W. Morris
34. “If you’re not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You’re not going to start using it more by shoving it in a closet somewhere.” Joshua Becker
35. “There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” Jackie French Koller
36. “I often ask myself, Will anyone I know be happier if I save this?” Margareta Magnusson
37. “Have nothing in your home that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.” William Morris
38. “The question of what you want to own is also the question of how you want to live your life.” Marie Kondo
39. “Keeping baggage from the past will leave no room for happiness in the future.” Wayne L. Misner
40. “You’re the boss of clutter, not the other way around.” Monika Kristofferson
41. “Clutter is anything that does not support your better self.” Eleanor Brown
42. “Later is the best friend of clutter.” Peter Walsh
43. “When every possession is special, none of them are.” Kathi Lipp
44. “Most people do not need more space, they need less stuff.” Michelle Ogundehin
More Mindset Quotes
45. “You’ll never get organized if you don’t have a vision for your life.” Linda L. Eubanks
46. “If something doesn’t reach you on a personal level, let it go. It’s hard enough dealing with everything that does.” Judi Culbertson
47. “When things aren’t adding up in your life, begin subtracting. Life gets a lot simpler when you clear the clutter that makes it complicated.” Marc & Angel
48. “Picture your dream home. I bet it’s not filled with clutter.” Joshua Becker
49. “Don’t just declutter, de-own.” Joshua Becker
50. “Remember, you are not what you own. Storing all those books doesn’t make you any smarter, it just makes your life more cluttered.” Francine Jay
51. “If they’re not used, they don’t enhance our lives; they just contribute to the guilt and clutter.” Gretchen Rubin
52. “Don’t let anyone rent space in your head unless they are a good tenant.” George Couros
53. “Just because something belongs to you doesn’t mean you should keep it for the rest of your life. Things are meant to be transitory.” Susan Wright
54. “Tidying is the act of confronting yourself.” Marie Kondo
55. “Proper storage is about creating a home for something so that minimal effort is required to find and put it away.” Geralin Thomas
56. “You don’t have to face every skeleton in your closet before you can make some room in there!” Carmen Klassen
57. “Clutter does not occupy the house in which you live, it occupies your mind.” Avina Celeste
Finding Inspiration and Motivation from Decluttering Quotes
Pick your favorite decluttering quotes and write them down.
Use them for inspiration to make a new start on your path to getting rid of unnecessary clutter and reclaiming your extra space.
What quotes inspire you?