This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy for details
Have you ever had a fried egg sandwich? If not, you’re in for a real treat. This warm gooey sandwich is ready in less than 15 minutes and it’s so easy even your husband can make it.
Seriously! It’s one of my husband’s specialties, and boy does he make a good one! It always tastes better when he makes it. I’m not sure why, but it really does!
The combination of toasted bread with a little bit of mayo and horseradish is the perfect compliment to a couple over medium eggs with gooey melted cheese on top.
This sandwich is so quick, easy, and satisfying, it should be part of your regular meal planning routine.
Fried Egg Sandwich
2 slices Bread
2-3 slices Cheese
1 tsp Butter
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
1/4 tsp Hot Sauce
Place small nonstick omelet pan on medium heat.
Melt 1 tsp butter in the pan.
Crack eggs into pan and cover.
Let cook until whites start to look solid.
While whites are cooking, place bread in the toaster.
Lift lid and flip eggs.
Press down on eggs slightly to break yolks.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Place cheese on top of eggs, and cover.
Spread mayonnaise, horseradish, and hot sauce on bread as desired.
When cheese is melted, remove eggs from pan and place on toast.
Cut in half and enjoy.
Fried Egg Sandwich Variations
Fried egg sandwiches are as versatile as a hamburger. You can add any of your favorite ingredients to change it up a bit. Here are some of our favorite additions.
Meat: bacon, ham, sausage, fried bologna, salami, hamburger patty
Veggies: avocado, spinach, grilled red peppers, fried onions, sauteed mushrooms
Cheese: Swiss, gruyere, provolone, American, cream
Condiments: pesto, pico de gallo, mustard, hollandaise
Fried Egg Sandwich
- 2 slices Bread
- 2-3 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 1/4 tsp Hot SauceSaltPepper
- Place small nonstick omelet pan on medium heat.
- Melt 1 tsp butter in the pan.
- Crack eggs into pan and cover.
- Let cook until whites start to look solid.
- While whites are cooking, place bread in the toaster.
- Lift lid and flip eggs.
- Press down on eggs slightly to break yolks.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place cheese on top of eggs, and cover.
- Spread mayonnaise, horseradish, and hot sauce on bread as desired.
- When cheese is melted, remove eggs from pan and place on toast.
- Cut in half and enjoy.